Sunday, March 18, 2007

Well, I Think I'm Headed For Divorce...With AOL, That Is!...

     Oh, the times they are a changin'...maybe...probably...we'll see!  LOL

     I think I have finally decided to do away with AOHELL...eventually (note the indecision here?!?).  We just seem to have grown apart...we like different things.  For instance, I prefer to be able to log into my journal and have ALL of the features up and running.  AOL prefers to take a hit or miss approach.  I like things that are "free"...AOL likes to charge me for free things.  I like the freedom of high(er) speed internet...AOL would like me to pay not only them, but ALSO a high speed internet company.  I'm hoping if I DO decide on divorce, this can be settled out of court! LOL

     I've been spending some time over at www.blogspot.com .  I've been playing with setting up a new home for BrainCheese over there...I must say, it is quite tedious to try and transfer well over 300 posts!  I only started BrainCheese here on AOL last year in at the end of March, and I am not even HALF WAY through transferring April 2006!

     But, if you'd like to check out the potential new home for BrainCheese, here's the addy: http://brain-cheese.blogspot.com/ .  What I plan to do for the time being is double post...that's right...you heard me...post my ranting crap in TWO places simultaneously!!!  I won't transfer "over there" completely until I've finished cut and pasting the entire year of 2006...which, at the rate I'm going, could be sometime at the end of 2007.

     I have also heard horror stories of folks trying to sever their ties with AOL and running into a nightmare-ish loop of calls between India and Quebec...as we all know, AOL IS no longer "America On Line"...it's more like IOL...International On Line.

     As always, I'll keep all y'all posted (now in TWO places!) of where and when I finally land...but if I have my say in the matter, it just won't continue to be here.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, but I can really understand what you are saying here.  AOL does seem to play havoc with us from time to time.  I haved played at other journals but keep coming back here to AOL though...I prefer the ease with which I can set it up and the format. I'm a bit of a dimwit when it comes to computers and haven't been able yet to manage setting one up that I liked elsewhere!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/