Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Source Of Entertainment...

     Well, my life has been worn down to little more than sleeping, eating, and going to work...and, of course, reading OTHER people's blogs! These blogs (note links to the left) have become my primary source of entertainment as I sludge my way through this grueling work period. And, BRAINCHEESE will be celebrating (or ducking for cover) a one year anniversary this week...I believe it was March 31st, 2006, I began spreading my cornucopia of crap on the Internet on the AOL Journals site (and moving completely to Blogspot soon!).


     I appreciate "all y'all" out there, with and without Multiple Sclerosis, who keep me informed, laughing, crying, and generally exercising my brain muscles via the reading of your blogs. I was really new to this type of communication when BRAINCHEESE was born (or spat out on the wall...either image seems to do justice). But I have learned a great deal from YOUR writings, so I want to formally say "thank you" for taking the time to write as often as you do.


     Blogging became quite popular as the Internet grew to be much more accessible to so many people around the world. I went recently to Wikipedia to look up the word "blog" because I wasn't certain I could really use it as a VERB...but as you can see below, I guess I can! Here's a snippet from Wiki:


A blog is a user-generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order.
Blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject, such as food, politics, or local news. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of most early blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual although some focus on photographs (photoblog), sketchblog, videos (vlog), or audio (podcasting), and are part of a wider network of social media.
The term "blog" is a portmanteau, or, in other words, a blend of the words web and log (Web log). "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.


     Glad ol' Wiki could clear THAT one up for me!


     I've also stumbled (quite literally) upon several of you bloggers out there by hitting your links when you have left comments on BRAINCHEESE...a few of my more recent favorites have been Marie's Muses (a wonderfully, positive and upbeat chef in England, who's blog will add pounds to your middle just by looking at the pictures!); Funky Mango (who I will admit I JUST started reading today via backtrack link...but hey, Funky...I can't seem to register to leave comments on YOUR site. Is it just me and my complete computer illiteracy?!?); Miss Chris down in the scorching desert of Arizona (how DO you survive that heat with the MS??); Jaime across the Cascades here in Washington State (sorry to hear the Novantrone isn't "holding" you longer...hang in there); Suzy in Chicago, who I believe may now be registered in the Witness Protection Program as her blog entries have been far too FEW for my liking (**hint hint**); MDMHVONPA, super dad with MS, who may have run away with Suzy in Chicago because he has not posted in over a week (send up a flare, dear man!); Mumma4evr on AOL, who's life with her children, going to school to become a massage therapist, and just plain living brings a smile to my face every day; dear Zee in Portland, OR, who has one of the cutest little dogs and sharpest wit I've ever seen (for someone with MS holes in your brain, that is!); Lauren in California, who manages to keep us all abreast of the latest Tysabri news and her triumphs with the MS drug; Trevis over at HealthTalk...now there's a great chef with MS who knows how to write excellent prose for the masses!; Charles at MSBPODCAST, who gets around to more blogs than I think even I do, and always has some great stuff to say (and listen to via podcast!); and there are a few others who's names and sites escape me right now (bite me...I have MS!...I can't be expected to remember ALL of you under blogging pressure!).


     So, as I near the one year anniversary of BRAINCHEESE, I am looking back through previous entries (because I HAVE to, to move them over to Blogspot) and wondering with amusement what twists and turns THIS blog may take in the next 12 months. I appreciate all of you loyal readers (both of you!) and hope my hands, heart, and health continue to sustain me through another blogging year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your very kind mention and words, and congrats on your impending one year anniversary of blogging!  It's quite addictive I find and I get such joy from perusing other people's thoughts and dreams.  There is such a wealth of talent out there that one could literally get lost in reading and thought all day long and happily pass the time away without even noticing it's passing!  Pity that work gets in the way!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Much thanks for mentioning Mango today--she is just what i need right now as i try to get out there in the world in a w/c in my hand-controlled car--it has taken several years of working on my mind and attitude to be able to embrace her--there are no accidents in the Universe for her blog to be on my screen today