Friday, November 10, 2006

Mother Nature Is Pissed, And I'm Not Exactly Thrilled Either...

     It just continues here in the Pacific Northwest...the saga of soggy Seattle has no end in sight (say THAT ten times fast, will ya?!?).  I've been so focused on weather and plumbing problems, I've almost FORGOTTEN I have MS!

     So far, this month of November (and need I remind you, we aren't even half way through?) has been the 4th rainiest month in 60 years here in the Emerald City...and the rains continue to blow in.  The mountain passes are expecting somewhere between 2 and 3 feet of snow just THIS weekend and Seattle is once again bracing itself for high winds and...you guessed it...RAIN.

     I know Jaime over at My MS Journal was coming from the "other" side of the Cascade Mountains for a neurology appointment today to Seattle...I DO hope she made it here and back home without losing her last myelinated nerve!  This weather has certainly been tapping on my last, good nerve...

     Today, I managed to get an early morning soaking at the bus stop and pop a perfectly good umbrella in the wind, rendering it useless.  Then later in the day, I skillfully dropped my clipboard in a massive curb river...this was NOT pretty as documents soaked up the street runoff like a sponge!  And after all of the wet weather, I returned home to a freezing cold abode because the temperatures had dropped throughout the day and I had forgotten to leave any heat on.  Thinking "outside the box", I decided to plug in a few small heaters, which managed to pull sufficient juice to knock out a fuse, and I was in the dark.  All of this because of the weather.

     My cat, Meha, seems to be the only one between the two of us untouched by the weather...she's resting peacefully on my arm right now, stealing what last ounces of body heat I am still generating.  I believe she is down right "comfy".  I, on the other hand, am sheepishly retracting my summer cursing of the unusual dryness and heat we experienced and mumbling under my breath...at least the mumbling is generating some body heat in my face...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree....I am NOT all that thrilled about the weather in your area.  I made it to my appointment, but it was quite the ordeal to get home (seeing how a major storm hit Snoqualmie while I was sitting in my neurologist office).  I sure hope Mother Nature give you all a break soon.  I mean, Seattle can handle rain, but this is crazy!

Anonymous said...

JAIME:
    It's really strange what a difference a mountain range can make, huh?!?  You can't be more than 250 miles away right?  Yet no floods there?  Truly bizarre...glad to hear you made it to your appointment however...Unfortunately, I just read your blog and the tales of your travels...what a nightmare!!!  (BTW...I'm having trouble posting comments on your blog, so if you get 10 of the same thing, please delete and know I haven't completely lost my mind...yet.)

LD