Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's Not Easy Being Green...

    

 

PHOTO OF ME, POST TYSABRI "ANAPHYLACTOID REACTION".

<---------------------

 

     Well, as would be typical for my day (and even my life for that matter), I had already written this post (eloquent as it were), only to have AOHELL once again LOSE the damn thing!  So consequently, I'm keeping 'er brief this time around.

     I've had that Matchbox 20 song running through my head all day today...in case you don't know the one I'm referencing, it goes something like this:  "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.  I know, but right now you can't tell."  And a "little unwell" I have been today...

     My day began with an email to Dr. She Who Will Not Be Named.  And, at the risk of splattering my sense of "unwell" all over you, here's the main excerpt:

Just an FYI...I don't think this is anything serious.  I've got a headache gripping the front of my skull, which may be the cause of increased dizziness/vertigo...not sure, but I think it's just dizzy as the room isn't spinning, just my head when I move it around...could also be from Vicodin, which I have continued to take today for the low back pain and knee pains (in left leg particularly) and shoulders...not nerve pain, more like deep joint pains.  Left foot consequently feels a bit "numb" as well, but no increased weakness or anything else unusual in the foot...low grade nausea could also be from narcotic.

Doesn't feel like a relapse necessarily, but I'm guessing "whatever" occurred yesterday may have triggered this (still not sure I just didn't have a bad hormone hot flash! LOL)...
 
     I'll let you know if anything worsens.
And, of course signed, "Your most pathetic, but endearing patient".
 
     That's pretty much my day, in a nut shell (pun intended).  My experience of yesterday I believe is best left forgotten...especially since I really don't have any memory of about 3 hours of it!  I was told I became stuporous, broke out in a rash and hives, and caused a bit of "concern" for Dr. SWWNBN.  I guess she actually EARNED her $3200.00 on THAT visit!  After IV Solumedrol and Benadryl, I'm "told" I became a very cheap date and conked out like a tranquilized elephant.
 
     The highlight of the event (and I am REALLY digging deep here for a highlight), was waking up and finding a young male seated in the recliner next to me...he told me I talk in my sleep...I told him he was not the same woman who was sitting there just a few minutes ago!  He let me know "that woman" left an hour or two earlier...we did share a laugh on that one.
 
     I knew something "bad" must have gone down when Dr. SWWNBN insisted on driving me home.  Of course, being the stubborn and controlling person I am, I declined said offer, but agreed to call her immediately when I arrived at the bat cave...she agreed NOT to call the police to do a welfare check on me, so we struck a compromise...a deal's a deal.
 
     The only important thing I DO remember is hearing the good doctor tell me my day's of TYSABRI may be over...I'm still working on the angle that I simply had a really BAD hormonal hot flash...she's not buying it.  I'm not giving it up...we'll just have to wait and see what kind of compromise we reach on THIS topic!  Of course, there may be no room for negotiation if the TYSABRI TOUCH nazi's have their way...for all I know, I've already been kicked out of the liquid gold club.
 
     Too bad no one is standing by to revoke my membership in the MS Club...now there's an "organization" I wouldn't mind giving me the boot...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ribbit, ribbit.

Ever get the feeling that they're just <i>practicing</i> medicine. (Just before you throw up.)

I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Heyyyyy ... does that chick in the photo have a sister!?  Rwoooowww!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl....your doctor actually offered to drive you home?  Geez...you really rate well with her!  I can't even get my doctor's to call me on the phone personally, and here you've got one that wants to drive you.

I'm movin' out there.  I've had it with my doctor's from you know where.  You're sharin' Dr. SWWNBN with me...like it or not.

Now that I've gotten that out of me, are you okay, really?

Moi, in the really WINDY CITY burbs