Friday, December 15, 2006

Armageddon In Seattle...

     First, it was the floods, the sewer backing up, then the freezing ice and snow...last night, it was the wind and power outages all across Puget Sound...and I won't even MENTION an MS relapse/hospitalization in here! LOL  I'm anxiously awaiting the plague and locust infestations.

     **NOTE**  AOHELL is randomly deleting photos from this journal (as pointed out by Saint EB)...photos were here last night when I posted, but gone today...nasty emails being sent to the powers that be!

^^^THIS is what came crashing down in my back yard around 1:30AM...a very large tree that narrowly missed my home, but unfortunately DID scrape the neighbor's house next door.  It is now 8:30PM the following day, and electricity has just been restored in my "neck of the woods".

     Meha (kitten) and I have been huddled under blankets to stay warm as I have electric heat...which I obviously have NOT had for about 20 hours!  It's also supposed to get below freezing here again tonight with rain/snow shower mix...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!  Ahem...excuse me.

     Oh yeah, and just for the record...I STILL feel like crap.  The Voodoo Medicine (IVIg) Dr. She Who Will Not Be Named ran vigorously into my arms over the weekend and early week seems to have made me sick.  I have (on top of previous symptoms, i.e., vertigo, nausea, left leg weakness, etc.) developed a splitting headache with neck pain and a fever!  Who KNEW life could become soooo "grand"?

     Yes, dear Cheese readers, I do believe Armageddon is here...and it's called SEATTLE...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, it's nice here in Philly.  Of course, we have 'weather' here on a daily basis so I might just be used to what you are getting a taste of.

Anonymous said...

---it has been crazy in Seattle, for sure. but, you can't say we did not have a real winter. When I told people on the east coast it was raining, they did not believe me, they laughed and said, "you don't get real hard rain, you get drizzle"...no we have had real huge drops of hard pouring rain and wind this winter.  But on 1/25/07- I felt the drizzle, misty drizz.  :)