Monday, August 21, 2006

Sunday Paper Want Ads:

     WANTED:  Neurotic Pet Owner seeks adorable kitten to cohabit in luxurious Seattle home.  Must be litter-box trained, purr like an engine, and enjoy long, winter nights of cuddling.  Feral cats need not apply.

      I had visitation again with my newly adopted feline on Sunday.  She still has to go on Tuesday to have her kitty hysterectomy, then she will come to live with me on Friday.  I'm really very excited to bring my little friend home!

     I've got everything a cat could want stockpiled in my place...there's a scratching post, the litter box, food, too many toys to count, a bed, brushes, nail trimmer, mats, did I mention toys?  There's not much she could want for when she arrives, except perhaps her sister, two brothers, and her biological mother.

     I noticed today during my visitation that kitty is a bit "slow"...she doesn't play like her siblings and is very hesitant to join in their rough-housing.  She likes to be held, cuddled, and scratched instead of chasing toys around the room and will run and hide if her bigger brother comes after her.  We had a moment today while I was watching her sibs dart and play...she just sat on my lap and purred that wonderful and contented sound, all the while looking up at me.  She's definitely MY kitty!  Or I'm HER companion is probably closer to the truth.

     I really haven't been this excited about anything coming to live with me in a very long time...usually, I've been more excited to see "things" go (implication of relationships gone bad here).  It will be nice to have something happy to see me when I come home (again, implication of relationships gone bad) and also someone to be responsible to (when it's an animal, I don't MIND caretaking...it's "people" I dislike taking care of!).

     I think I've settled on a name for kitty.  I say "think" because anything is subject to change.  I think I'm going to call her, "Meha", which is a bastardization of Spanish for "mi' heja", which means, "my daughter" or "my little girl".  Let's face it...I lived in Texas and it's what Texans do...we butcher the Spanish language (however most Texans CAN pronounce "nuclear" correctly)!  I DO appreciate Suzy's suggestion of naming her "Bailey" though...I just think liquor with that name, so I'm shying away from it. LOL

     So, little Meha will be gracing my home sometime on Friday evening hopefully...I do hope she likes the place and isn't too put out by my choice in decor.  I hope she hasn't had a chance to peruse "Martha Stewart's Living" magazine...she'll be sorely disappointed if she has...I may have to use that magazine to line her litter box...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luxurious Seattle Home ... hmmm ....

I did enjoy the time I spent in Seattle.  Actually, Bellevue (sp).  I am Litter box trained too!  Hmmmm....