Monday, June 26, 2006

Too Hot For Words...

     It's supposed to be record temperatures again here in Western Washington today.  I feel as hot and dry as my prickly cactus over there...

<----------------

     I spent the weekend devising strategies to stay cool, which mostly meant I loitered in air conditioned establishments until I thought they began to notice I really wasn't buying anything!  I'm getting ready to go "loiter" at work now where I can expect the county to pay for my cooling needs...

     Unfortunately, this blog today is cut short by my level of cognitive impairment brought on by the heat.  That's right...hot weather makes me stupid!  Some of my friends and colleagues might argue they have noticed the same cognitive changes occurring even in cooler weather.  I'm too hot to argue with them at this point.  I have to conserve what energy and firing brain cells I have today so I can fulfill the needs of my employer...and, of course, suck up that FREE AIR CONDITIONING!

     Several of you have emailed or commented here with various cooling techniques you know of or have used...thank you for your comments!  Perhaps when the temperature drops enough to a tolerable level to sit and type for more than a few minutes, I will compile a list of ideas for this blog on tolerating the heat and MS.  Right now, I have to go throw the ice packs I've been wearing on my head back in the freezer...I've been accused of being a "hot head" before, but this is ridiculous!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having had ms for quite awhile, i have found heat and ms is stupid-making--not your imagination.   Everything sizzles with your ms when the temperature rises.   Forget stocks and bonds.   Might the purchase of an air-conditioner be a wise investment for you for your future so you will always have one in your closet?  Global warming is upon us!   Are they sold out in Seattle right now?   Best of luck as you endure the situation.  

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious!  It's been unusually cool here, and as I leave the air conditioner OFF and try to get things done, I sit and drip and think 'how does she do it when it's only 72 degrees?"  Cause, that's what it's been here and I'm drippin' with sweat!

I can't remember if you told me whether you have humidity or not?  Ughhh....that darn brain damage stuff we talked about!

=o)

~~hugs and cooler days to you~~

Anonymous said...

I feel for ya girl!  I'm only a few hours away in Richland....but it is HOT, HOT, HOT (a whopping 106` here today) YIKES!  And, I would agree...everything seems to shut down when it gets hot, not just feeling stupid.  The whole mind and body just doesn't seem to want to function in this heat.  I hope you can find a way to cool off soon.  I'm off to get another ice pack!  Take care.  

Jaime