Tuesday, September 19, 2006

This Is What My Life Has Boiled Down To...

     She's totally taken over...I can't even pee anymore without her jumping in my "draws" and attempting to find a hiding place...it makes for completing the act of toileting quite a task!  Note the photo...I'm not even allowed to BLOG without her approval!

     I'm talking about the sweet little ball of fur I adopted last month...it seems much longer than a month, but who's counting? LOL  She is controlling my life!  I thought cats were supposed to be independent...aloof, for that matter...and not care much what their human counterparts were doing?  But NO, not MY little ball of fur!

     OK, in Meha's defense, there ARE times when she's absolutely adorable...like now, for instance.  She's curled up nicely on her "throne" beside the computer desk AND she appears to be sleeping.  Her throne is a padded bar stool with a tiny towel bed on top...she occasionally will sleep here and let me type every once in a while.

     Then there are the times when she likes to play...she SHOULD like to play...I think she owns every toy made by Petsmart for cats! LOL  She's quite a jumper, too.  So good, she can now leap from the floor to the countertops before the word "No!" even leaves my lips...she's very athletic.

     Well, I suppose I will try to sneak out of the computer room undetected and try to find a lunch snack for myself.  It's doubtful she'll remain asleep, though...she has a sixth sense for knowing when I'm in the room or not...

     Go ahead and say it...I know what you're thinking anyway.  I've become servant to a cat....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

but cats ARE independant!   She rules you now.   You aren't even protesting her jumping on your kitchen countertop anymore.   You were horrified at the thought a month ago.   And she has made the decision that your vacation time will be spent playing with her.   How easily you fell!    

Anonymous said...

Silly woman!  You live with a cat and cats must be obeyed in all things!  LOL!   Oh, and a sheet of alum. foil laid on the counter should keep her off of them.  They usually hate the noise.  Oh, and it makes them slide off too. ;)

PJ

Anonymous said...

HARKOO:  Now THIS one made me laugh out loud and you are soooo right...how quickly I fell...like a lumberjack's tree!  LD

Anonymous said...

PEEJ:  O' Great Wise One (OGO)...your wisdom re: feline behavior, overwhelms me...coming from a dog person and all! LOL  I just wrapped a plant stand with foil to keep Lil' Missy from chewing it to death...now, if it's not struck by LIGHTENING, we'll see if it works on her!  LD

Anonymous said...

Linda, I love cats!  In fact, I've always considered myself more of a cat person than a dog person.  :)   My current catless situation only exists because our last cat died of old age 2 years ago.  I'd get another if I could but one of our dogs has  a *serious* prey drive.  She'll chase and "kill" anything that moves.  Our old cat was able to teach her manners when she was a puppy but I don't dare introduce a kitten to the house.  It just wouldn't be safe around her.  :(

Hope the foil trick works as well for your plants as it did for my counters.  :)

Hugs!
Peej