Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's In The Air...

     It's the one season that holds many sensory delights for me...I can smell it in the air, see the changing of leaf colors, feel the briskness of the wind, and hear the football games at the nearby high school on Friday nights.  It's fall...or at least it almost is.

     I once had one of those fancy schmancy color analysis done...back in the days when I actually CARED what I looked like and even wore make up!  I was told I was an "autumn"...I suppose there may be some truth to that.  I DO like earth tones and fall IS my favorite season.

     Fall always makes me think of cooking and pumpkin pie...or at least someone ELSES cooking and pumpkin pie!  It's hot tea time and hot chocolate...it's raking leaves and cutting back dying flowers.  It's slowing down in school crossings and taking that last trip to the shore, tightly wrapped in a lined windbreaker.  Fall is reflection time and lighting more candles...it's harvest time and shorter days.

     For those of you who cling to summer time, I feel your pain.  LOL  Fall is just around the corner, however...it's just in the air...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fall is the time of year when I can get up and walk outside without beaking into a fearsome sweat.  Now ... off to chop wood for the cold-cold winter ... WHICH I LOVE!

Anonymous said...

I remember those color consultations!  I'm also an "Autumn" both in colors and seasonal preference  :)  For me it's the last time to take a deep breath - that glorious time between sweating my buns off and having icicles form in my nostrils.  

It's also time to celebrate open windows instead of "conditioned" air!!

I'm ready when Mother Nature is.  :)