Sunday, April 23, 2006

Taking A Blog Break...

     If you read yesterday's blog entitled, "What Was I Thinking?", you already know I foolishly over did it in MS terms!  Today, I am recovering from my yard escapades, so sitting with the computer is a bit taxing.

     I want to share with you a poem I wrote a few summer's ago while sitting on the bank of a beautiful river...it was written the summer after I was diagnosed with MS, during a period of questioning why and how life was going to be in my near future.

 

 

Transformation


It is dawn
On the McKenzie River
As I watch the sun
Gracefully feather its light
Amidst the treetops.
The ancient sound
Of the river's flow
Awakens inside me
As I sit still
In silent awe
On its shore.

If I listen quietly,
I can hear
The river's story
Of wildness
And freedom
As it rushes from its Source
On chartered path
To the ocean.
Where each drop
Will find its way
Back into the clouds
And return on the wind
To form a new river
Of life again.

I am one with this
Wildly, vivacious flow.
I am the River,
The Source,
The Ocean.
My course is set
And my sound
Of ancient wisdom
Cannot be silenced.
I will roar,
And echo,
And dance carefree
Along my path
Of transformation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Baitulos,

Your site has been chosen to be one of the Top Ten Sources on Multiple Sclerosis.  Congrats!

If you'd like a .gif to show your new status, please email me at mac@toptensources.com.

Best,
Mac

Anonymous said...

A beautiful poem....keep roaring!
--lgunasteve